Principle The EVLT™ Procedure, a treatment for varicose veins, deals with the incompetence of the greater saphenous veins. Unlike surgical stripping, the EVLT permanently closes off the vein while leaving it in place. It uses the energy from an 810 nm diode laser placed by a fine fiber-optic probe. As it is only the probe and a slim sheath which need to enter the vein the whole procedure is performed via a tiny skin nick, so there will be no post operative scarring. The probe is guided into place using ultrasound and the procedure is performed under strictly local anesthetic of a similar type used by dentist to numb the treatment area.
Benefits of EVLT:
* A simple procedure
* Performed under local anesthetics
* Minimally invasive, so minimal risk for scarring and postoperative infection
* Less than one hour examination and treatment time
* Rapid recovery with reduced postoperative pain
* Return to normal activities immediately
* Excellent clinical and aesthetic results
Novant Health Vein Specialists physicians specialize in a number of state-of-the-art venous procedures and diagnostic tests. To find out more about them, and how these treatments may help you or a loved one, complete the form below and one of our specialists will contact you.